Our aims are set in the context of A Curriculum for Excellence.
At KINGSLAND School
As pupils we aim to……………………………………..
· be responsible citizens in our school community
· work hard and try our best in all that we do
· show respect and be confident
As teachers we aim to…………………………………..
· provide high quality learning experiences to enable children to achieve their potential
· provide an inclusive curriculum which will educate and support all learners
As parents we aim to………………………………
· work in partnership with the school to enhance learning and provide a bright future for all our children.
As teachers we agreed our school aims under the four competencies of a Curriculum for Excellence
To encourage RESPONSIBLE CITIZENS we will promote and develop
· respect for self and others within our school and the wider community
· equality and fairness
· knowledge and understanding of and respect for the environment locally within Scotland and globally
· an understanding that our actions have consequences
· the ability to make informed choices and decisions about their health and well-being.
To encourage CONFIDENT INDIVIDUALS
· All children will be valued and respected
· Staff will promote high self esteem in an environment where all children feel secure and happy
· All children will be encouraged and supported to express their own beliefs, thoughts, feelings and ideas
· All children will be supported to be ambitious, independent and determined to succeed
· Staff will respond to individual needs so that children can confidently achieve
All children as SUCCESSFUL LEARNERS will…………..
· confidently meet new challenges
· learn both independently and as part of a team
· use numeracy, communication and literacy skills in varied learning environments
· be encouraged to identify and develop the way they learn and become active partners in learning
· be challenged and encouraged to achieve their full potential within an engaging and motivating learning environment
· have their Achievements and successes celebrated
· work in partnership with school and parents to enhance their learning
· build on previous experience and knowledge
· be able to make informed choices to improve their learning
· encourage Children to recognise their strengths and abilities and make the best use of these
· use a range of relevant technology to enhance learning
To develop EFFECTIVE CONTRIBUTORS we will
· provide opportunities for children to contribute individually and as part of a group
· provide opportunities for pupils to create, develop, and challenge their thinking and use their initiative
· ensure that children have the necessary skills to enable them to communicate effectively
· ensure that children feel safe and that their ideas and contributions are valued
· provide high quality teaching and learning to enable each pupil to develop
· encourage an enterprising attitude to allow children to engage with the wider community
· encourage children to be creative and take the initiative to solve problems
· provide opportunities to work in partnership with school, parents and local community
· provide a wide range of extra curricular opportunities supported by the local community